Logos

Logos

Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Creative Bag of Tricks #6.2 - Short forms

 Reinforce the imperfect and conditional tenses with "Chinese portraits"


Un portrait chinois



A Chinese Portrait (portrait chinois) is a metaphorical description of yourself through a comparison with animals, objects, places, people, characters, foods... the list goes on!


The portrait is based on the imperfect/conditional formula:
“If I were a(n) X, I would be….”

e.g.    If I were a writer, I would be Charles Dickens

            If I were a plant, I would be a cactus


Ø     Using the target language teachers could brainstorm categories and/or possible items within those categories
Ø    Teachers could provide a template such as the one below to support learners
Ø     Using completed poems, learners could take part in a guessing game where anonymous poems are read at random and the object is to listen and guess the writer of the poem.


Portrait chinois template

No comments:

Post a Comment